Bachelor of science with a major in biochemistry
|FALL SEMESTER||WINTER SEMESTER|
|Mathematics 1000 (1090)1||Mathematics 1001 (1000)1|
|Chemistry 10502||Chemistry 10512|
|Physics 1050 (1020)3,4||Physics 1051 (1021)3,4|
|Biology 1001 or elective4||Biology 1002 or elective4|
|English 10905||critical reading and writing (CRW) course5|
- Selection of a mathematics course depends on a student’s background and ability. You should refer to the math course criteria chart prior to selecting your first-semester course. If you're completing Mathematics 1090/1000 will also be required to complete Mathematics 1001.
- Selection of a chemistry course depends on a your background and ability. You should refer to the chemistry course criteria chart prior to selecting your first-semester course. If you are not able to register for Chemistry 1050 in the fall semester, you can take Chemistry 1010 in the fall and Chemistry 1050 in the winter semester. In order to complete the biochemistry major within four years, review the following information about completing the first-year chemistry courses:
- You must be eligible for Chemistry 2400 in the fall semester of second year.
- All biochemistry majors must pass Chemistry 1051 with a grade of 60% or Chemistry 1001 with a grade of 65% as this is a prerequisite for Chemistry 2301 which must be completed in second year.
- It is strongly recommended that Chemistry 1051 be completed before beginning the second year of studies. It will be possible to take Chemistry 1051 in the spring semester. Students attending Grenfell Campus will normally complete Chemistry 1200/1001 in their first year.
For assistance with course selection, contact the Academic Advising Centre.