International Students

International students enrolled in co-operative education programs are eligible to work in Canada in order to fulfill work term placement requirements of their program; however, international students who wish to participate in a co-op or internship program must apply for a work permit (there is no fee for this application).

For information related to co-op work permits click here.

If you have specific questions regarding co-op work permits please contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) directly.

For regulations concerning employment in Canada post-graduation, please visit Citizen and Immigration Canada.