B.A. (Honours) Degree
Students intending an Honours program are required to be Majors and must complete 60 credit hours in Archaeology, including:
Students must also meet the Regulations for the General Degree of Bachelor of Arts, and Regulations for the Honours Degree of Bachelor of Arts.
Students are required to submit two copies of the final version of their essay to the Department: one for the Department library and one for the Centre for Newfoundland Studies.
Each year one Honours graduate in Historical Archaeology is awarded the Imperial Tobacco Canada Scholarship.
Regulations for Joint Honours
Archaeology and Another Major Subject
- Candidates must fulfill the Regulations for the Honours Degree of Bachelor of Arts.
- Students must complete 42 credit hours in Archaeology and include the following:
- ARCH 1000: Introduction to Archaeology
- ARCH 2430: Principles of Bioarchaeology
- ARCH 2480: Principles of Archaeology
- 3 other credit hours at the 2000-level.
- 15 credits hours in Archaeology courses at the 3000-level (chosen in consultation with an Honurs supervisor)
- ARCH 4182: History of Archaeology
- ARCH 4411: Archaeological Theory
- 9 other credit hours at the 4000-level (with a grade of "B" or better)