Thesis Writing Retreat
The School of Graduate Studies and the Writing Centre are pleased to offer an intensive 5-day program designed to help graduate students make significant progress on or complete their theses. Memorial’s Thesis Writing Retreat offers a dedicated time and space free from distractions to help students write and provides them with a supportive, encouraging and interdisciplinary intellectual community.
April 25 - 29, 2022
9 am - 4 pm Newfoundland Time (NT)
To participate, you must be registered as a master or doctoral student at Memorial University, and you must be engaged in writing your thesis as opposed to any shorter, course-related text.
Online via WebEx
9:00 - 9:30 Warm-up activity and/or guest speaker
9:30 - 12:30 Writing
12:30 - 1:30 Lunch (on own)
1:30 - 3:30 Writing
3:30 - 4:00 Reconvene to discuss progress
- Students are encouraged to meet with their supervisors prior to the retreat to establish goals.
- Students should establish personal goals and measure achievements at the start and end of each day.
- Students should be ready by 9 am daily to participate in the morning activity.
- The retreat is a full, five-day commitment.
- The retreat is intended to give students the opportunity to generate text, not to perfect it.
Registration deadline: April 20, 2022