Call for Nominations for Two Additional Convocation Awards 2020-2021
The following awards are available to students who have or will be graduating in the 2020-21 Academic Year. Inquiries about these awards can be directed to Dr. Carolyn Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org
Captain Robert Bartlett Award
As a spontaneous expression of their admiration and affection for a man who has a lasting place in the history of polar exploration, the Explorers' Club of New York and two kindred organizations - the Wilderness Club of Philadelphia and the Harvard Travellers' Club of Massachusetts - donated a sum of money to this University, as a memorial to Captain Bartlett. The University has placed this money in a trust fund, the interest on which is the value of the award. It will be based primarily on academic excellence. Consideration may also be given to the demonstration of the spirit of scientific exploration. The award is made annually to a student graduating in Science, on the recommendation of the President.
If you are a Psychology or Behavioural Neuroscience major and you would like to be considered for this award please e-mail the Deputy Head (email@example.com) a single PDF file containing your resume/cv and a 1-page summary of how you have demonstrated the spirit of scientific excellence. The subject line of the email should read: BARTLETT Award Application. Deadline: April 21, 2101, 5 pm.
Chancellor’s Undergraduate Award
The Chancellor's Undergraduate Award is given at Convocation to the student of the graduating class who has demonstrated the greatest leadership contribution to undergraduate student life and other areas of the community during his or her university years. Students who graduated in October 2020 and February 2021 are also eligible. It is awarded by the Senate Committee on Undergraduate Scholarships, Bursaries and Awards based on a recommendation from the President in consultation with the Deputy Provost (Students) and Associate Vice-President (Academic) Undergraduate Studies. Only one nomination will be forwarded by each Department.
The application package is due on April 21, 2021 (5 pm), and should be e-mailed, with the subject: Chancellor's Undergraduate Award Application to the Deputy Head (firstname.lastname@example.org) as a single PDF file that would include:
- A 1-page summary from you indicating why you are a good candidate for this award
- 4 letters of support that may include one letter each from 4 of the 5 following categories:
- 1 from an individual who can comment on the candidate’s involvement in student life.
- 1 from an individual who can comment on the candidate’s involvement in the outside community.
- from a peer supporter.
- 1 from a current or former supervisor (i.e. an employer, a volunteer organization supervisor, etc.).
- 1 from an individual who can comment on the candidate’s academic background/abilities.
- NOTE: All letters of support must be signed by the referees (or, otherwise, arrangements must be made to send the originals to the scholarships office from the referee’s official email address).