Home-Schooled Student Requirements
Memorial University welcomes home-schooled applicants. Each application is evaluated on an individual basis.
Supporting documentation required
In the absence of a high school transcript from an accredited institution, the following documentation is required:
- Scholastic test scores:
Canadian Achievement Test (CAT) or SAT
- Personal statement:
The applicant’s letter should provide an overview of the curriculum used in home-based education: subjects studied and topics covered, text books used, who provided instruction, and how testing was achieved. It should also discuss the applicant’s academic abilities, extra-curricular activities, interests, goals and any other information that demonstrates preparedness for university-level study.
- Letter of academic reference:
The reference should be from a third party outside the home and should discuss the applicant’s skills and abilities and preparation for academic studies at the university-level.
Official transcripts from accredited post-secondary institutions.
Submitting your documents
- CAT results should be forwarded in a sealed envelope from CAT to the Office of the Registrar.
- SAT results should be forwarded directly from the College Board to the Office of the Registrar.
- References should be sent directly to the Office of the Registrar by the referee.
- Transcripts should be sent directly from the issuing instititon to the Office of the Registrar.
firstname.lastname@example.org (Documents only, no replies sent)
Office of the Registrar
P.O. Box 4200
St. John's NL A1C 5S7