Changes to University Diary and deadlines affecting graduate students
In light of the blizzard and subsequent state of emergency in the City of St. John’s in late January, several changes were made to the dates and deadlines in the University Diary. The updated dates can be found in the 2019-2020 University Diary. The FAQ on the extended Winter 2020 semester can be found here.
Changes to University Diary
Below is a summary of some of the changes that were made affecting students taking graduate courses/programs at the St. John’s and Marine Institute campuses and for all online courses (please refer to the Diary for information on all dates and deadlines):
- The last day to add courses was adjusted to Jan. 28, 2020.
- The last day to drop courses without academic prejudice was adjusted to Mar. 10, 2020.
- An additional day of classes was added for Mar. 28, 2020 (following Friday’s schedule).
- The last day of classes was adjusted to Apr. 9, 2020.
- The last day to complete programs without incurring any liability for continuance fees was adjusted to Feb. 4, 2020.
- The last day to withdraw from programs or request leave of absence without incurring liability for tuition fees was adjusted from to Feb. 4, 2020.
- The last day to complete programs and receive a 50% refund of continuance fees was adjusted from to Mar. 3, 2020.
- The last day to complete programs and receive a 25% refund of continuance fees was adjusted from Mar. 24, 2020.
Graduate scholarships and awards
Some graduate scholarship deadlines have been extended, and the new dates are reflected in the awards and scholarships database. Please note any further changes to deadlines will be updated in this database. The School of Graduate Studies will be as flexible as possible for graduate scholarship applications. If you have a question about graduate scholarships or deadlines, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some graduate application deadlines have been extended, and the new dates are reflected in the application deadlines page. Please note any further changes to deadlines will be updated on this page. If you have a question about an application to a graduate program, please email email@example.com.
We do not anticipate any significant delays or interruptions with registration, confirmation of enrolment requests (letters or student loans), graduate funding, program audits, thesis examinations, or completion letters. Any professional skills development workshops and doctoral defences scheduled for the week of Jan. 20, 2020 will or have been rescheduled.
We understand the statement of emergency was an extraordinary event. If you need advice because of a situation arising from the weather/state of emergency, we will try our best to help. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.