Post-Graduation Work Permit

After graduating from your program of studies at Memorial University, international graduate students who complete their programs may be eligible to apply for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP). The PGWP is a document that gives you permission to live and work temporarily in Canada from eight months and up to three years, depending on the length of the program of study completed in Canada. To determine your eligibility to apply for PGWP, please visit Immigration and Citizenship website.

To obtain a program completion letter in support of your PGWP application, please email the School of Graduate Studies ( 


School of Graduate Studies

230 Elizabeth Ave, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1B 3X9

Postal Address: P.O. Box 4200, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1C 5S7

Tel: (709) 864-8000