Visiting divers from other CAUS member organizations, or those of the American Association of Underwater Sciences (AAUS), may be eligible to dive at MUN by providing a letter of reciprocity (LOR) from their home institute's designated scientific dive safety officer (DSO) as permitted in the current manual/CAUS standard.
- Provide a letter of reciprocity (LOR) from your home institution to firstname.lastname@example.org. MUN's DSO will assess your credentials.
- Please provide a minimum of 30 days notice to the DSO as permitted in the current manual/CAUS standard if you are looking to dive under a LOR. Divers must provide MUN's DSO with a copy of a dive medical, as permitted in the current manual/CAUS standard. The expiry date for dive medicals are:
- Two (2) years up to age 39
- One (1) year 40 years and older
- Visiting divers will need to complete MUN's scientific diving safety course.
- Visiting divers may need to provide other relevant information/documents, as seen fit by MUN's DSO.