In order to participate in scientific diving at memorial you must have the following pre-requisites:
- Possess a nationally recognized SCUBA certification (e.g. PADI, ACUC, etc.).
- Have a minimum of five logged open water dives.
- Possess a current, nationally recognized First Aid (FA), CPR and Oxygen FA level 1 or equivalent (e.g. St. John Ambulance) certifications.
- Be declared medically fit* to dive by a licensed physician trained in diving medicine, as per WorkSafeBC.
- Register with Memorial's Scientific Diving Safety Officer (DSO).
In order to register as a Scientific diver, the following documents must be submitted to and approved by Memorial;'s DSO:
- Diver registration form,
- Diver release and waiver form,
- Medical release from a licensed physician (valid for two years until the age of 39, and one year at 40 and older),
- Open water diver certification card,
- Completed open water check out dive evaluation form signed by diver in charge,
- Current CPR certificate,
- Current emergency first aid certificate,
- Current oxygen first aaid certificate,
- Completed Appendix E (review of manual acknowledgement) from Memorial's Guide for Diving Safety,
- Copy of personal dive log (at least 5 dives),
- Brightspace scientific diving safety course certificate
Please submit your completed registration package to firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate the registration process.