Volunteer Assistant Program
Applications for Volunteer Assistants for Fall 2023 are closed now. Please check back in December for the Winter 2024 dates.
Purpose: To assist in the day to day operation of the SVB, its volunteer recruitment and referral program, and its volunteer programs and services such as the Get Involved and Volunteer Fair, the Volunteer Incentive Program, and MUN Volunteer Day. Volunteer Assistants are expected to make a three-five hour a week commitment to volunteering in our office.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To greet all visitors of the SVB and assist with their inquiries.
- To work with each visitor individually to determine what type of volunteer placement they are seeking and what type of placement is most appropriate for their learning needs, service goals, personal / career interests, and lifestyle.
- To refer prospective volunteers to various organizations.
- To promote the programs and services of the SVB, such as the Volunteer Incentive Program, and to provide information.
- To help with general office duties of the SVB.
- To assist with other projects that are related to the SVB.
- To answer the phone if the Coordinator is out and there are no MUCEP staff present.
- To attend and participate in Volunteer Assistant Training / Orientation and any SVB Team meetings.
- To let the Coordinator know if you are unable to make a VA shift by calling the SVB (864-4301) or e-mailing (firstname.lastname@example.org) 24 hrs in advance if possible, except in emergencies of course.
Volunteer time commitment: A minimum of three-five hours per week.
Applications for the Winter Semester are available for Memorial Undergraduate and Graduate students to apply!
- Be currently enrolled in Memorial.
- Have 3-5 hours available each week.
- Dedicate to at least one project during the semester.