Bachelor of Education (Intermediate/Secondary) Conjoint with the Diploma in Technology Education
The bachelor of education (intermediate/secondary) conjoint with the diploma in technology education is a 69 credit hour, second degree program designed to prepare teachers of grades 7-12 including technology education teachers. Students complete a number of courses that address the development of basic skills and competencies in a variety of technological areas and how to apply them through design and problem-solving processes in a school classroom/laboratory setting. This full-time, professional program, which extends over four consecutive semesters, includes a two-week early internship and a one-semester internship placement.
Academic Disciplines for Bachelor of Education (Intermediate/Secondary) Conjoint with the Diploma in Technology Education
A limited number of program spaces are allocated to each academic discipline:
- Canadian studies
- earth sciences
- environmental science
- general science
- mathematics (may include statistics)
- physical education
- political science
- religious studies (only be offered every two years)
- theatre arts (only be offered every two years)
- visual arts (only be offered every two years)
To apply for admission into the Faculty of Education, indicate your desired degree option in the appropriate place on the undergraduate application for admission.
To be considered for admission, you must have:
- been awarded an approved bachelor’s degree from Memorial University or a university recognized by Memorial University
- completed 36 credit hours in an approved academic discipline
- achieved an overall average of at least 65% in the set of courses chosen to meet the requirement above
Consideration will be given to the courses for which you are registered at the time of application. In assessing applications, consideration will be given to your average in the academic discipline, overall academic performance, personal statement, and references.
Additional documents required for admission
Your application to the bachelor of education (intermediate/secondary) conjoint with the diploma in technology education will require you to submit the following:
- personal statement (included as part of the online application)
- academic and non-academic references
- official transcript(s)
The Faculty of Education provides full details on supporting documents required for admission.
Our graduates teach in schools worldwide, where they enjoy considerable success in their chosen profession. The skills developed during this program will open up many other career paths. Our graduates also occupy leadership positions in other educational (non-school), business and industry settings.