Methods of Payment
- Online Banking
- Wire Transfer using GlobalPay
- Credit Card
- Cheques/Tuition Voucher
- Payroll Deductions
- Student Aid
- Set up Memorial University as a payee with your Canadian financial institution by searching for the word "Memorial".
- Your student number is your account number.
- Follow your bank's instructions to make a payment to MUN.
Payments should be processed within 3 business days. Go to my.mun.ca and check your student account to ensure the payment has been applied. Payments made on or before the fees payment deadline are considered received by Memorial as of the bank transaction date and will NOT be charged a late fee.
Wire Transfer using GlobalPay for Students - Use the GlobalPay for Students platform to send your wire transfer to Memorial University. GlobalPay makes paying tuition and related fees simple and affordable. Please note that Memorial does notaccept payments on student accounts for personal expenses or books.
Just follow these 3 steps:
- Start a nonobligatory foreign currency exchange quote by clicking here.
- Select your method of payment. There will be a wire transfer option that can be completed through your bank.
- Include your information to finish your quote. For wire transfers, you will find the bank account information provided in your payment instructions at the end of the quote process. Please note that quotes expire in 72 hours.
For more information on the payment option, click here.
Credit Card - VISA and MasterCard are the only credit cards accepted for the payment of tuition and related fees. Credit card payments can only be made through Memorial Self-Service. Credit card payments cannot be made in-person at the Cashier's Office.
- Go to my.mun.ca to launch Memorial Self-Service.
- Click on the following links Student Main Menu > Financial Information > Credit Card Payment.
- Follow the instructions to make a credit card payment.
Please note there will be a convenience fee of 1.95% charged to your card by Moneris. Payments made through Self-Service should be applied to your student account immediately.
Cheques/Tuition Vouchers - Cheques/Tuition Vochers can be mailed to the appropriate address listed below. Please include the student number on the back of the cheque/tuition voucher. The cheque/tuition voucher will be valid on the date received.
Cheques can be mailed. The cheque will be valid on the date received.
Memorial University of Newfoundland
Arts & Administration Building
230 Elizabeth Avenue
St. John's, NL A1C 5S7
A dishonoured cheque fee of $25.00 will be charged for each cheque tendered to the University and not honoured by the bank. A student with a dishonoured cheque record must may fees by cash, certified cheque or money order.
Payroll Deductions - Graduate students receiving funding through the University payroll system may elect to pay their tuition and other charges by payroll deduction. Payroll Deductions can be requested by logging into my.mun.ca and clicking on the Employee tab. To avoid a late fee, the online form must be submitted every semester before the fee payment deadline.