- An appeal of the Newfoundland and Labrador Resident determination is intended to recognize and be sensitive to applicants who do not meet one of the criteria outlined in
general information, but who can demonstrate they are a resident of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- A student’s residency determination for the purposes of applying appropriate tuition fees will normally be made at the time the student first applies to Memorial and will remain in place until the student completes a degree or graduate diploma from Memorial. Should a student apply for a subsequent degree or graduate diploma at Memorial, the residency status will be reassessed.
- Normally, the responsibility for making an appeal before the committee rests with the individual.
- For assistance in the appeals process, it is advised to consult with the Office of the Registrar, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the letter of appeal, the individual must clearly state:
- Current address and telephone number,
- Email address,
- Student ID applicable,
- Grounds for the appeal.
Tuition Refund Appeals Committee
c/o The Cashier’s Office
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John’s, NL