Courses I'm teaching now or in the recent past
- Biochemistry 2201: Introduction to Biochemistry is an introduction to the major organic substances of living organisms, proteins, carbohydrates and lipids: their structure, analysis and biochemical function. Other topics will include: enzymes; the biochemistry of membranes, including the plasma membrane and specialized intracellular membranes; and the biochemistry of selected differentiated cells.
- Biochemistry 2901: Biochemistry Laboratory develops robust basic biochemistry lab skills in the context of a biotechnology project; students purify and characterize a recombinantly expressed enzyme. Students learn skills including safety, pipetting, buffer calculations, making solutions, protein bioinformatics, techniques for protein enrichment, enzyme kinetics measurements and calculations, graphing data, keeping a lab book, teamwork, critical analysis and presentation of their work in several formats. Students may co-author a scientific publication based on their results.
Courses I've taught or co-taught in the past:
- Biochemistry 3105: Physical Biochemistry
- Biochemistry 4101: Proteins
- Biochemistry 4201: Membranes - Structure and Function
- Biochemistry 499: Dissertion
- Biochemistry 6460: Structural Biochemistry