Joint Bachelor of Commerce (Co-operative) and Bachelor of Arts
Students pursuing joint degrees of bachelor of commerce (co-operative) and bachelor of arts will normally take the following courses in their first year:
|TERM A/FALL SEMESTER||TERM B/WINTER SEMESTER|
|Mathematics 1090 or 10001||Mathematics 1000 or (BA Core Requirement course)1|
|Economics 1010 or 10202||Economics 1010 or 10202|
|English 1090 (or 1020)3||English 1110 (or 1021)3|
|Business 10004||BA core requirement course|
|BA major program course5||BA major program course5|
- Selection of a mathematics course depends on your background and ability. Students should refer to the math course criteria chart prior to selecting a first-semester course. Math 1000 is required for the B.Comm.(Co-op.) program. Students may take Math 1090 in the fall semester and Math 1000 in the winter semester, or Math 1000 in the fall semester and a BA core requirements course in the winter semester.
- These courses may be taken in any order in either semester.
- For the BA, students must complete a minimum of six credit hours in the study of a single language, other than English. Students whose first language is not English and who do not meet the standards for entry into regular first-year English courses may use English 1020 and 1021 to fulfill this requirement. Such students are permitted to complete up to an additional six credit hours in Department of English Critical Reading and Writing courses at the 1000 level in order to fulfill the Critical Reading and Writing Requirement.
- Business 1000 may be taken in either semester.
- By the end of your first year, you should discuss your program with the head of the department of your intended major program to make sure that the required courses will be available within the constraints of course scheduling and prerequisites.
For assistance with course selection, contact the Academic Advising Centre.