Minor in Philosophy
The minor in Philosophy is an excellent way to compliment other programs in the humanities, social sciences, core sciences, along with other faculties.
In addition to meeting the requirements listed under Program Regulations - General and Honours Degrees, to complete a B.A. with a
Minor in Philosophy, students must complete a minimum of 24 credit hours in Philosophy courses as follows:
- 3 credit hours in Philosophy 2010 or 2020;
- 3 credit hours in Philosophy 2201, 2205, or 2215;
- 9 credit hours at the 3000-level;
- 3 credit hours at the 4000-level; and,
- 6 additional credit hours at any level. Normally these will include 3 credit hours at the 1000-level.
*PLEASE NOTE: The University Calendar is the official document that outlines program requirements. Wherever there might be discrepancies between program regulations listed on a website versus the Calendar, the Calendar is the document that must be followed.
Interested in choosing philosophy as your minor?
Students declaring a minor in philosophy should contact the Undergraduate Program Director, Dr. Peter Trnka (email@example.com) as soon as they have decided to pursue philosophy. In addition to answering questions about programs, the Undergraduate Liaison is available to help students with course planning throughout their programs