User fee schedules established for the use of Tanks for research.
|Tank Volume (M3)||Number of Tanks||Rates Effective April 1, 2023|
The following outlines holding tanks and cold rooms under the auspices of the OSC Research Assistant responsible for animal husbandry and fish health.
Tanks in the common areas include:
- Annex tank room
- Basement of main building
- Ground floor of main building (Rooms 105, 107)
- Back tank room
- Seal compound
- Cold Rooms in the basement of main building and Annex building
- Tanks installed in the visiting researcher laboratory
Animal Husbandry services included in OSC tank charges:
- Tank checks morning and evening during working hours (Facility Custodians checks during non-work hours);
- Weekly oxygen Checks;
- Researcher will be informed of any mortality;
- Tank set up for new users;
- General aquarium and plumbing supplies will be provided )air tubing, valves, air stone and diffusers, algae pads, vinyk tubing for water supplies, de-gassers);
- Maintaining large common net baths; and disinfectants.
Researchers using tanks will be responsible for:
- Removal of dead animals;
- Daily tank maintenance;
- Emptying and rough cleaning of tank at the completion of the project;
- Any special requirements.
Tanks not included are the following:
- Tanks within the Joe Brown Aquatic Research Building (JBARB). These tanks are under the control of the Manager of JBARB and are charged at rates independent of OSC rates.
- Water supply systems (fresh and seawater) and tanks within individual research laboratories.
- Tanks currently in the ourdoor compound. These are currently being used for JBARB related projects and are under the control of the Manager of JBARB.