**While we have compiled the following information to assist you in planning to come to or return to Memorial University, The Government of Canada - as of February 2021 - continues to strongly advise Canadians to cancel or postpone any non-essential travel, including vacation plans, outside Canada. Foreign nationals should likewise postpone or cancel travel plans to Canada. Now is not the time to travel.***
We thank you for choosing Memorial University for your studies. On this page (and subsequent pages), we hope to help guide you with information about the processes you will have to go through for a potential return to Newfoundland and Labrador.
All students (both domestic and international) MUST complete the Arrival Information Form AND participate in Memorial’s Self-Isolation Peer Support Program. The form is used to gather information needed to support students during the mandatory self-isolation period.
We are currently processing arrival information for students travelling February through June.
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, so too do the processes for coming to Canada. Below, find some of the latest updates. As a result of these announcements, or forms, processes, and required documentation have been updated accordingly.
- [April 7th, 2021]: Update on On-Campus Self-Isolation Spring 2021
- [March 12th, 2021]: Update on COVID-19 Federal Testing Requirements
- [February 13th, 2021]: Important travel information for international students.
- Negative COVID-19 Test Result Required for Flights Into Canada
- Winter 2021 Semester and Travel to Canada
- Notice for Students travelling from NS, NB and PEI
- November, 2020 - ArriveCAN Application Usage Mandatory
To learn more about the returning process please select the appropriate category of student from below: