Optical Microscopy and Flow Cytometry
Fluorescence Activated Cell Sorter (FACS)
Our florescence activated cell sorter (FACS) is a BD Special Order based on the Aria platform. It has a very versatile set-up and is capable of 4-way sorting of cells, viruses and other small organisms based on scatter and fluorophore detection gates.
- Blue (488nm) and Red (633nm) lasers.
- Four nozzle sizes (70, 85, 100 and 130 um).
- Temperature controlled sort collection chamber (4 - 42°C) that can accomidate a variety of tubes, slides and well plates.
Optical Microscopy Unit
Our microscopy unit is well equipped with a variety of Nikon microscopes, and features an advanced confocal system. This system is ideally suited for live cell imaging with a temperature and CO2 controlled incubation chamber and resonance scanning.
For samples of images produced in the CDRF, see the gallery.
Ti-E confocal microscopeA1 confocal system with epifluorescence, motorized stage, incubation chamber, anti-vibration table, high-end objectives, perfect focus system, resonance scanning, software imaging and data analysis, 4 laser selections (405, 488, 561 and 640nm)
Zeiss Axio Scan.Z1Zeiss Axio Scan.Z1 brightfield and florescence slide scanner
Our slide scanner can autmatically digitize up to 100 slides in one run at 10x, 20x or 40x magnification. These files may be downloaded to use on you own computer with the free Zeiss Zen software or served online using the Zen browser for collaboration or educational purposes.
Eclipse Ti-S inverted microscope
- Bright field
- Phase contrast
- Fluorescence microscopy
- Live cell imaging, digital camera
- Texas Red
- 0.67 to 5x zoom
- Tabletop boom stand
- 2 MP USB color digital camera
- 0.75 to 11.25x zoom
- Transmited light stand with oblique coherent contrast
- Camera port
- Phase contrast, darkfield and simple polarizing microscopy
Eclipse TS100-F inverted microscope
- LED illumination
- Phase contrast