Animal Husbandry is one part of a greater service that also includes Fish Health and the management of the resident seals. This service is responsible for maintaining all freshwater and seawater tank space, aquaria, and the feeding, care and health of contained animals. It takes a co-ordinated effort to manage animal husbandry. Many volunteers help with the care of the resident seals so that they are available for seal research and for public educationand viewing.
Services and tanks include:
- Flow through systems for seawater and freshwater.
- Seawater system is temperature controlled (heated/chilled)
- Freshwater egg incubator (re-circulation and flow-through) systems
- Aeration lines, air stones and temperature monitoring
- Up-welling silos from 0.5 to 12 m3 for marine larval fishes.
|Freshwater Tanks||Seawater Tanks||Outdoor Seawater Tanks||Refridgerated Research Labs|
9 - 1 m circular
10 - 2 m square
2 - 2 m (dia.) circular
|3 m long wetbench|