Student Fieldworker's Kit
Fieldwork is essential to the discipline of folklore and is a key component to MUNFLA as an archive. Contributions from students, based on fieldwork and written assignments, are the foundation of our collection. The forms and templates below were designed for use to conduct your fieldwork and donate the corresponding research to the Archive.
Should you have any questions about these forms or difficulties accessing them, please contact us.
(*MANDATORY: to be completed with or without donation to MUNFLA)
- Student Research Consent Form This form is a mandatory part of the process of informed consent. It should give your informant(s) the basic idea of what the research is about and what their participation will involve. One consent form per informant should be completed.
All Fieldwork/Assignments to be Donated to MUNFLA
- Deed of Gift (Archival Works Received as Gifts-in-Kind) Please complete this mandatory form if you wish to donate your materials to the Memorial University of Newfoundland Folklore and Language Archive (MUNFLA).
- Informant Contract Please have your informant complete this form if you, as the collector/donor, intend on donating your materials to the Memorial University of Newfoundland Folklore and Language Archive (MUNFLA). One contract per informant should be completed.
- Biographical Information Sheet All information given on this form is voluntary/optional and helps to add historical value to the interview or recording. If willing, please have each informant complete a form. You, as collector/donor, should also complete one.
- CD/DVD Caseliner Please provide details, where possible, and insert this form into your CD/DVD jewel case.
- Tape Box Card Please provide details, where possible, and insert into your analog cassette case.