Permanent Residency

Memorial University employees who are neither Canadian citizens nor permanent residents of Canada must maintain a valid immigration status in Canada that authorizes work at Memorial.

If you intend to live and work in Canada permanently, you should apply for permanent residency. Applications for permanent residency can be processed through the Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program or through Express Entry. Other options may also be available depending on your personal situation. Further information on pathways to permanent residency can be found on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website or by contacting the Office of Faculty Relations.

Employees who obtain permanent resident status must provide proof of permanent residency and a new Social Insurance card (SIN) to the Department of Human Resources at