Medical Care Coverage (MCP)
Employees of Memorial University who are temporary residents of Canada normally will be eligible for MCP if the following conditions are met:
- The individual holds a valid work permit for 12 months or longer.
- The individual has a valid full-time job offer of employment for at least 12 months.
The MCP Office is responsible for determining whether a person meets MCP requirements. Further information on MCP eligibility can be found on the MCP website.
Honorary postdoctoral fellows and visiting professors (non-stipendiary appointments) are not eligible for MCP coverage.
If you are an international student and would like information on MCP coverage for students contact the Internationalization Office.
The following documentation is required in order to apply for MCP coverage:
- a copy of your appointment letter verifying full-time enrolment or employment for at least one year;
- a letter from the university (issued since your arrival in Newfoundland and Labrador) verifying employment for at least one year;
- confirmation of employment letters can be requested from your hiring unit, from the Office of Faculty Relations or the Department of Human Resources.
- valid passport;
- work permit valid for 12 months or longer; and
- completed application for Newfoundland and Labrador Health Care Coverage.
- Other documents may be requested by MCP at the time of registration in order to verify identity or eligibility. Further information and forms are available on the MCP website.
If you are not eligible for MCP coverage please contact the Office of Faculty Relations or your hiring unit for information on your health care options.