All Campus signage is designed, manufactured, installed and maintained by Facilities Management with exception for large construction projects or new buildings (where signage is part of the contract).
Design is based on signage standards or existing practice, code requirements and it is closely coordinated with the Division of Marketing and Communication to maintain university brand standards.
Requesting departments are required to provide funding for special or additional signage. Any alterations to academic/research or administrative space should include a budget for the replacement or addition of signage.
Estimates are available. Contact the Work Control by calling: 864-7600 or through e-mail: email@example.com. Note: Non-chargeable signage includes damaged/deteriorating way-finding signage or emergency maps, or changes to occupants names or room type (cardboard/paper inserts);
The Sign Shop reports to the Manager of Space Planning & Administration.
The listing below represents the main type of signs produced by the Sign Shop.
- Interior signage:
- Room identification signage;
- Name tags and nameplates;
- Directional signage (including MUNnel system);
- Special events and display signage;
- Donor/sponsor or memory plaques (pending on design);
- Emergency evacuation maps;
- Safety regulations signage for research and teaching areas;
- Building code signage required for mechanical or electrical systems;
- Emergency notices;
- Vehicle markings;
- Construction-related signage or other
- Street and traffic signs;
- Parking areas designation and any related signage;
- Campus and building identification;
- Exterior directional signage, campus maps, and etc.