Looking to go global? Why not choose a graduate school that is ranked first among universities across Canada in international graduate student services. Students come from all over the world to study at Memorial University. Graduate students at Memorial choose to live and learn here for many reasons.
- Memorial University ranks #7 in the comprehensive category of Maclean's 2016 University Rankings.
- Memorial offers a diverse list of graduate programs designed to meet your expectations for academic excellence and your desire for intellectual challenges.
- Graduate students get a chance to work with world-renowned researchers at Memorial. Whether you want to become an expert in population dynamics or folksongs, oil and gas, or mergers and acquisitions, you'll find your match here.
- Memorial's Enhanced Development of the Graduate Experience (EDGE) program offers high-quality workshops and training sessions to support professional skills development among graduate students.
- Memorial has several English as a Second Language programs and courses designed to help you improve your language skills as a graduate student.
- Living here won’t break your bank account. From food to rent, we are one of the most affordable places to live in North America.
- We have some of the lowest tuition rates in Canada and a commitment to affordable education for all.
- Memorial offers very competitive funding packages for international graduate students in eligible research programs.
- For information about applying for your initial study permit, please visit the website of the Canadian Embassy or Consulate located outside of Canada that serves you.
- For a list of Canadian Embassies and Consulates abroad and to find out where you should send your application, please visit the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website.
- For information on study permit processing times, please visit the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website.
- The Government of Canada allows international students who are graduates of Canadian universities to stay in country and work after graduation. There is also the possibility of immigrating to Canada after completing your program.
- For more information on applying for a postgraduate work permit and immigration advising offered by Memorial, please visit the Internationalization Office website.
A place to belong
- Our Internationalization Office gives you a warm welcome and all the support you need to settle into life at Memorial.
- We offer you an international community, where students from Argentina to Zimbabwe come to pursue advanced degrees. Feel free to connect with some of the International Student Groups at Memorial.
- Our St. John’s campus is in the heart of the city. You’ll find yourself minutes from shopping centres, restaurants, accommodations, and the airport.
- For more information on Memorial, take a look at our welcome brochure in Chinese, Arabic, and Spanish.
There are many resources available to help international students find their way here. Please take a look at the following pages:
- Immigrate to Newfoundland and Labrador
- Study in Canada (Citizenship and Immigration Canada)
- Studying in Canada