Algebraic Groups and Lie Algebras
Our next International Workshop, jointly organized with Network of Ontario Lie Theorists, is "Algebraic Groups and Lie Algebras". The dates are August 17 - 21, 2015. The workshop's venue is Bonne Bay Marine Station of Memorial University of Newfoundland in Norris Pont, NL, on the west coast of Newfoundland, within Gros Morne National Park.
The workshop is the continuation of joint activity between the Atlantic Algebra Centre and the Network of Ontario Lie Theorists. This time we focus on the interrelations and various connections between the Lie theory and algebraic groups as well as on its applications to representation theory, graded algebras, superalgebras and quantum groups.
We plan to attract about 25-30 participants from different countries. The schedule of the workshop will include several mini-courses given by leading experts addressed at young researchers, postdocs and graduate students, as well as research talks and short communications given by graduate students and postdocs.
The organizing Committee includes
- Yuri Bahturin (Memorial University)
- Mikhail Kochetov (Memorial University)
- Kirill Zainoulline (University of Otawa)
The list of invited speakers is the following
- Ivan Arzhantsev (Higher School of Economics, Russia)
- Cristina Draper (University of Malaga, Spain)
- Stefan Gille (University of Alberta)
- Nikita Karpenko (University of Alberta)
- Erhard Neher (University of Ottawa)
- Victor Petrogradsky (University of Brasilia, Brazil)
- Alexander Premet (University of Manchester, UK)
If you are interested to attend, please write to aac (at) mun.ca.
A limited support is available for students and postdoctoral fellows. Please ask your supervisor to write a recommendation letter to the Organizing Committee using the above e-mail address.
Please follow this web page for new information about the workshop