- Student Life: A website dedicated to new and current students that includes a listing of remote supports, services and events. If you wish to set up a time to chat with someone from one of the following units, or have a question, please reach out directly to a staff member or email the unit and someone will be in touch:
- Student Wellness and Counselling Centre: This centre offers a number of online and phone-based community mental health and wellness supports.
- Grenfell Campus Counselling and Psychological Services: Counselling and Psychological Services (CPS) at Grenfell Campus supports the mental health and well-being of students through the provision of clinical services and educational programs. Please direct email inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Remote Student Experience: These remote online events share useful information to help students complete their term and get ready for the next steps in their journey.
- Ask Me Live Studio: Live, interactive video sessions where students will have the opportunity to meet the people who provide the support from student support units and faculties/schools. Click here for a full schedule and past recorded sessions.
- CITL Support Centre: Need support for learning remotely or using the tools and technologies in your course? CITL's Support Centre is available during extended hours, 7 days a week.
- Learning Resources: Access helpful information and self-paced guides to help you use Memorial's learning technologies.
- The Commons: Take advantage of remote workshops, one-on-one tutoring, campus computer labs, writing support and more.
- Computer Hardware Support: Technical Services Computer Shop provides computer hardware services including Apple and Toshiba warranty repair, out of warranty repair for all manufacturers, printer repair including 3D printers, and data recovery. Email email@example.com.
- Course login: Access your course site in Brightspace, Memorial's learning management system.
- Courses and programs: Looking to take an online course or program? Choose from over 475 online courses, and a variety of programs offered fully online or mixed mode.
- Semester start-up guide: Whether you are a new or returning student, the essential information outlined in this guide will help you get the most out of your online studies.
- Weekly calendar for online courses: This calendar is based upon the dates published in the University Diary. Fully online courses follow this schedule.
Graduate Student Supports
- Resources for Graduate Students: This page is a collection of resources and advice for graduate students who are commencing or continuing their programs remotely.
- I want to…: This page is a collection of common requests, forms, and resources for graduate students.
- Graduate student newsletter: A biweekly newsletter is emailed to graduate students providing important news, updates and opportunities.
- Virtual Service Desk: The virtual service desk is available seven (7) days a week for newly admitted graduate students or currently registered graduate students.
- Enhanced Development of the Graduate Experience (EDGE): EDGE offers over 100 free online workshops and programs for graduate students to foster the development of professional and academic skills.
- Entrepreneurship Training Program (ETP): The ETP is an online education program designed for graduate students interested in starting a business or learning the fundamentals of entrepreneurship.
- Teaching Assistant Training Program: The TA Training Program is offered to graduate students in thesis-based programs to help them understand TA roles and responsibilities. A certificate of completion is provided.
- Teaching Skills Enhancement Program (TSEP): The TSEP is a two-semester program designed to introduce graduate students to teaching at the undergraduate level.
- 3-Minute Thesis (3MT): The 3MT competition is a research communication competition in which graduate students present their research concisely to a non-specialist audience.
- Writing support for graduate students: Memorial’s Writing Centre offers online services and resources for graduate students.
- Technical Services: Design, prototyping, fabrication, repair and maintenance of research apparatus, including machining, welding, glassblowing, model fabrication, refrigeration equipment, microscopes, 3D printing and scientific electronics.
- Thesis Writing Group: Regular online writing groups are offered for graduate students writing their theses, major research papers, project reports or term papers.
- English Language Skills for University Success: Each semester, 10 free workshops are offered to graduate students interested in improving their speaking and writing skills in academic contexts.
- Integrity and Research Ethics - Scholarly Essentials: A collection of resources and advice on ethical standards, guidelines, policies and practices for all graduate students.
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Lunch & Learn sessions: EDI sessions consist of a panel discussion intended to raise awareness and address equity and diversity issues in graduate education.
- Counselling Services for Graduate Students: The Student Wellness and Counselling Centre provides counseling supports specifically for graduate students.
- Family Program: Memorial’s Family Advisor provides individual and group advising and programming for graduate students with a spouse and/or children.
- Graduate student clubs and societies: A list of current clubs and societies ratified by the GSU open to all graduate students.