Remote Student Life in Fall
Although we continue to be physically distant from each other during the Fall Term, we can remain together and connected. Join us for these events to have some fun and gain useful information to complete this term and be ready for the next steps in your journey.
These events are open to everyone in the Memorial community. Descriptions of the different events and registrations are listed below this term schedule. (Times of events are listed in UTC 3:30 Newfoundland Daylight Time, as scheduled.)
Conversation Circle | Mondays, 3-4pm
This is a drop-in opportunity for new arrivals to connect, converse, and be potentially matched with a conversation partner for the spring term. If you are a new arrival to Canada an international student or family member, you are all welcome. If you are an experienced speaker of English who would like to volunteer as a conversationalist to help new arrivals to Canada, contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Association of New Canadians, to register for volunteer training.
Join the Conversation Circle HERE.
Coffee and Community | Tuesdays, 2-3pm
Get your coffee and have a chat with different community organizations as we discuss what they hope to achieve during this time, how the wider university community can help, and what the future looks like. Join the weekly meetings online HERE.
If you are a community organization and would like to present, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Trivia | Tuesdays, 7pm
Join Lindsay Newman in a weekly Battle of the Brains to test your knowledge of very important and very trivial information. Click the links below to join the virtual trivia session.
- September 22 - Disability Heroes Trivia
- September 29 - Brooklyn 99 TV Trivia
- October 6 - Nineties Nostalgia Trivia
- October 15 - Women's History Trivia (with MUNSU Women's Committee)
- October 20 - Languages Trivia
- October 27 - MUNSU/CFS Trivia (with MUNSU & CFS)
- November 3 - Music Trivia
- November 10 - MUN History Trivia
- November 17 - Marvel vs. DC Trivia
- November 24 - Food Trivia (with MUN-NL Eats)
- December 1 - Science and History Trivia
LaunchForth Leadership Series
We are delighted to invite people to share their stories with our Memorial community. Come be inspired to launch forth on your own leadership journey. Click the links below for more information and to register.
- October 8 @ 3pm with Craig Dowden
- October 29 @ 3pm with Kim White
- November 12 @ 3pm with Precious Familusi
Career Development Workshops
These sessions cover a variety of important career success-related topics and are for any student in any year of study. Start building your career development skills today! Click the links below for more information and to register.
- September 30 @ 1pm | Job Search Strategies
- October 5 @ 1pm | Exploring Career Assessment Tools
- October 7 @ 1pm | Career Exploration
- October 14 @ 1pm | Virtual Networking (hosted by HSS)
- October 19 @ 1pm | Know Your Rights
- October 20 @ 1pm | Map Your Career Path
- October 21 @ 1pm | Creating Your LinkedIn Profile
- October 28 @ 1pm | Resume and Cover Letter Tips (hosted by MUN EDGE)
- November 4 @ 1pm | Interview Skills (hosted by MUN EDGE)
- November 10 @ 1pm | Job Search Strategies (hosted by the Faculty of Science)
- November 18 @ 1pm | Career Exploration
- November 25 @ 1pm | Virtual Networking (hosted by HSS)
- December 2 @ 1pm | Creating Your LinkedIn Profile
Academic Success Learning Sessions
The Blundon Centre delivers ongoing workshops throughout the year that will help you to develop and enhance your academic skills. Students will explore ways of learning through a strengths perspective and find out how to apply that knowledge to both university learning and career. Click the links below to register.
- October 1 @ 2pm | Introduction to Assistive Technology
- October 7 @ 11am | Assistive Technology Information Session: Study Skills
- October 21 @ 11am | Assistive Technology Information Session: Productivity Technologies
- November 4 @ 11am | Assistive Technology and Thesis Writing