PAL Privacy Information
Memorial University protects your privacy and maintains the confidentiality of your personal information.
- PAL Leaders take attendance at each PAL session. This attendance information is collected strictly for educational purposes and aligns with the program goal of improving learning and student success in your course.
- Attendance information is protected at all times in accordance with the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act, 2015 (SNL2015 Chapter A-1.2).
- PAL session attendance will not be shared with the course instructor, and at no time will personal information ever be disclosed.
- You have the option of attending PAL sessions without signing in if you wish to do so - your consent to sign attendance sheets is voluntary. Attendance information is collected by student number. For online sessions, attendance is collected by name listed in the Webex participant list. Attendance is collected for program evaluation purposes to promote student success only.
- Attendance data for all participants is anonymized and analyzed in aggregate with term grades to measure the impact of PAL sessions on overall student performance in the course. This aggregated data is reported to the course instructor, department head, and dean in order to improve the quality of the student academic experience.
All information requested by the Academic Success Centre’s Peer-Assisted Learning Program will be used solely for the administration and management of the academic support program. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act, 2015 (SNL2015 Chapter A-1.2) and is used for the purposes of program administration, evaluation, and planning. Questions about this collection and use of personal information may be directed to the Academic Success Coordinator at 709-864-6234.