- An educational contract will be completed at the beginning of each rotation.
- Evaluation by the preceptor will be completed at mid and final points for each rotation.
- Mini-Clinical Evaluation Exercises, which are observation-based evaluations by the preceptor. These will be completed weekly on each rotation.
- All evaluations will be reviewed monthly by the Program Director. If problems are identified, they will be referred to the Care of the Elderly Residency Training Committee.
- Resident research project with formal presentation at Geriatric Grand Rounds.
Preceptor and Rotation
- Evaluations of the preceptors and of the rotation are to be completed by the resident on each rotation.
- Feedback from students and residents on teaching by the Care of the Elderly R3 at two academic half-day geriatric sessions in the core Family Medicine Residency Training Program.