- Residents are expected to present one topic at St. Clare's Mercy Hospital Internal Medicine Grand Rounds during the year.
- Residents are expected to present 1-2 topics at the Family Medicine Academic Half-day during the year.
- Residents are provided with a half day of protected time for self-directed learning weekly and one core Geriatric academic half day per month.
- Residents are expected to undertake a self-directed scholarly activity which may be a research project, critical appraisal, education or simulation module, etc., with mentorship available from clinical and research faculty.
- Attendance at one approved conference (e.g. Canadian Geriatric Society [CGS] meeting).
- Clinical teaching (residents participate as learners and as teachers).
- Patient care teaching rounds (site based).