Postdoctoral Fellow/Sessional Instructor: 2017
Javad completed his Ph.D. at C-RISE under the supervision of Dr. Faisal Khan and Dr. Salim Ahmed. His Ph.D. research was focused on Dynamic Multivariate Loss and Risk Assessment of Offshore Operations in Harsh Environments.
In 2017, Javad worked as a Sessional Instructor and a Postdoctoral Fellow at C-RISE on the project Managing Microbial Corrosion in Canadian Offshore & Onshore Oil Production Operations.
Javad is a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) registered with PEGNL, a Project Management Professional (PMP) registered with PMI, and a Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) registered with SMRP. In January 2018, Javad joined Husky Energy as a Failure Analyst.
- Authored and co-authored two books, four book chapters and 30+ research papers primarily in the area of safety, risk, reliability and integrity assessment
- Developed and implemented dynamic multivariate safety, operational, business, reputational and insurance risk models for asset-intensive facilities
- Received ten awards for academic, teaching and leadership excellence (Link to Positive Reinforcement story on Gazette)
- Secretary, Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), Atlantic Canada Section, St. John’s, NL (2017)
- Served as VP (2013-2014) and President (2014-2015), Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), MUN Student Chapter
- Served as an Organizing Committee Member for the Workshops on Safety and Integrity Management of Operations in Harsh Environments
- Contest Coordinator, 2014 and 2016 SPE Canada Region Student Paper Contest
- Received three awards for 800+ volunteering hours
Before joining Memorial University, Javad worked in the oil and energy industry at different positions, including Research & Development Engineer, Mechanical Integrity Engineer, and Risk & Reliability Professional.
List of publications: ResearchGate