Procedure for Unit Requisitions
1. A person requesting the purchase of goods and/or services should submit a unit requisition and any additional information required to assist in the purchase to the employee designated by the Unit Head/Grant Holder to control purchasing and payment within the requester's administrative offices.
2. The unit requisition must be prepared by all employees requiring the purchase of goods and/or services other than items purchased through petty cash. The purchase requisition will include the following information:
- Details of goods and/or services required.
- Suggested sources of goods and/or services required, if known.
- Costs of goods and/or services if available.
- Shipping details.
- Tax implication.
- Appropriate approvals. See Schedule of Purchasing Authority and Approvals and Special Purchase Approvals.