If you are going on university-related travel outside of Canada, you are required to complete a Pre-Departure Session before you leave. Whether you are headed out for a full year of of research or will simply be away for a week-long conference, it's important that you recieve Pre-Departure preparation so your planning is in line with Memorial's Travel Outside Canada Policy.
The Mobility Team offers biweekly Pre-Departure Sessions for students throughout the year to help travellers meet this criteria. If you or your travel fall into the following categories, please sign-up for an upcoming Pre-Departure Session via the Memorial Travel Registry.
- You are a graduate student who is;
- Going on a research experience abroad as part of your program; OR
- Going to a conference abroad as a attendee or presenter; OR
- You are a medical resident travelling to conference abroad; OR
- You are an undergraduate student attending a conference abroad; OR
- You are a student participant in a Global Health initiative.
If you have participated in a Pre-Departure Session within the last 12 months, please connect with the team at email@example.com to determine if your attendance at another session is required.
If you are travelling for the purposes of exchange, faculty-led programme or fieldwork, your Mobility Coordinator or Faculty Lead will arrange a specific Pre-Departure training for your experience. In these cases, you are not required to sign up for the above described sessions.
If you're unsure of whether you require Pre-Departure Training or if you should sign up for a session, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of your planned experience and we'd be happy to help.