Go Global (Outbound)

What are your options for going abroad?

As a student at Memorial University, you have various options to pursue international learning experiences. Please see the table below for ideas of how you can go abroad.

Once you decide which type of opportunity you'd like to participate in, please connect with your Mobility Coordinator to talk about next steps.

Exchange Spend one or two semesters at a partner university abroad while earning credits toward your Memorial degree and paying Memorial tuition fees. You can choose from 180+ universities in 50+ countries. For full details, visit Exchange.
Ireland Canada University Foundation ICUF offers the Canadian Irish Language Award to fund participation in an Irish Language immersion course in Ireland during the summer. For Canadian graduate students, the Craig Dobbin Legacy Program offers scholarships to visit University College Dublin to conduct research and to build research partnerships. For more information, please contact the Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences. 
Killam Fellowship The Killam Fellowship (Fulbright Canada) is a prestigious fellowship for Canadian students to take one or two semesters of study at a Killam partnership institution in the United States. For more details, please visit Scholarships, Bursaries, & Awards.
UArctic north2north Exchange Get knowledge and experience on Northern/Arctic issues via UArctic north2north exchange. You can spend a semester in one of the UArctic member institutions in the circumpolar north (i.e. Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Greenland, Iceland, Scotland, & more). Students who have applied to go on exchange to a n2n institutional member may be eligible to apply for a n2n grant. Please contact the Memorial n2n institutional contact for assistance.
University Mobility in Asia and the Pacific (UMAP) Memorial students interested in participating in UMAP exchanges can apply for one or two semester academic exchanges, as well as a variety of short-term and virtual programs offered throughout the year and across the UMAP network. Students who apply for a UMAP experience may be eligible for a UMAP scholarship.
Harlow Campus Spend a semester in Harlow, Memorial University's international campus in the United Kingdom. This is typically done through Faculty-led Group Study Programmes. Check with your Faculty or Department to find out what programs they're offering.
Internships & Research

Senior undergraduate and graduate students can apply for Mitacs Globalink Research Award to conduct 12–24-week research projects at universities internationally.


For Canadian Memorial students who want to go to Latin America or the Caribbean, CALAREO offers research & exchange opportunities.


DAAD RISE Germany offers summer research internships in Germany for undergraduate students. In their internships, students are carefully matched with doctoral students and researchers (only from universities of applied sciences, UAS) – whom they assist and who serve as their mentors. Interns receive a monthly stipend to cover every day costs.


Recent graduates can participate in the International Youth Internship Program that offers six-month overseas placements to interns working in a variety of fields

International Work Term Placements Memorial students enrolled in a co-operative education program can have work term placements not only in Canada, but also in international locations
Language Programs Immerse yourself into a language of your choice via one of the programs coordinated by the Department of Modern Languages, Literatures and Cultures.
Summer Schools If you are looking for a short-term program, consider one of the summer schools offered by Memorial international partners.