Selected Recent Peer Reviewed Journal Publications
- Chandrasekara, A., Naczk, M. and Shahidi, F. 2012. Effects of processing on the antioxidant activity of millet grains. Food Chem. 133: 1-9.
- Lee, C.M., Barrow, C.J., Kim, S-K., Miyashita, K. and Shahidi, F. 2011. Global trends in marine nutraceuticals. Food Technol. 65(12): 22-31.
- Chandrasekara, A. and Shahidi, F. 2011. Antiproliferative potential and DNA scission inhibitory activity of phenolics from whole millet grains. J. Functional Foods 3: 159-170.
- de la Rosa, L.A., Alvarez-Perrila, E. and Shahidi, F. 2011. Phenolic compounds and antioxidant activity of kernels and shells of Mexican pecan (Carya illinoinensis). J. Agric. Food Chem. 59: 152-162.
- Naczk, M., Towsend, M., Zadernowski, R. and Shahidi, F. 2011. Protein-binding and antioxidant potential of phenolics of mangosteen fruit (Garcinia mangostoma). Food Chem. 128: 292-298.
- Shahidi, F. and Zhong, Y. 2011. Revisiting the polar paradox theory. A critical review. J. Agric. Food Chem. 59: 3499-3504.
- Zhong, Y. and Shahidi, F. 2011. Lipophillized epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) derivatives as novel antioxidants. J. Agric Food Chem 59: 9563-9571.
- Shahidi, F. and Zhong, Y. 2010. Lipid oxidation and improving oxidative stability. Chem. Soc. Rev. 39: 4067-4079.
- Hoffman, A. and Shahidi, F. 2009. Pachitaxal and other taxanes in hazelnut. J. Functional Foods 1: 33-37.
- Madhujith, T. and Shahidi, F. 2008. Antioxidant and antiproliferative potential of pearled barley (Hordeam volgare L.). J. Pharm. Biol. 46: 88-95.
- Mercerligil, S.M., Arslan, P., Alasalvar, C., Okut, E., Akgül, E., Pinar, A., Geyik, P.O., Tokgozogli, L. and Shahidi F. 2007. Effects of hazelnut-enriched diet on plasma cholesterol and lipoprotein profiles in hypercholesterolenic men. Eur. J. Clin. Nutr. 61: 212-220.
- Naczk, M. and Shahidi, F. 2006. Phenolics in cereals, fruits and vegetables: occurrence, extraction and analysis. J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal. 41: 1523-1542.
- Chen, H., Weiss, J. and Shahidi, F. 2006. Nanotechnology in nutraceuticals and functional foods – Emerging technology has shown great potential for delivering bioactive compounds in functional foods to improve human health. Food Technol. 60(3): 30-36.
- Shahidi, F. and Miraliakbari, H. 2005. Omega-3 fatty acids in health and disease: Part 2 – Health effects of omega-3 fatty acids in autoimmune disease, mental health and gene expression. J. Med. Food 8: 133-150.
Selected Recent Books
- Eskin, M. and Shahidi, F. 2012. Biochemistry of Foods. Elsevier, Amsterdam. In press.
- Mine, Y., Miyashita, K. and Shahidi, F. 2010. Nutrigenomics and Proteomics in Health and Disease. Wiley-Blackwell, New York, NY.
- Ho, C-T., Simon, J.E., Shahidi, F. and Shiao, Y. 2008. Dietary Supplements. ACS Symposium Series 987. American Chemical Society, Washington, DC.
- Shahidi, F. and Ho, C-T. 2007. Antioxidant Measurement and Applications. ACS Symposium Series 956. American Chemical Society, Washington, DC.
- Shahidi, F. 2006. Nutraceutical and Specialty Lipids and Co-Products. Taylor and Francis, Boca Raton, FL.
- Shahidi, F. 2005. Bailey’s Industrial Oil and Fat Products. 6 Volumes. 6th Edition. Wiley Interscience. Hobroken, NJ.
- Shahidi, F. and Naczk, M. 2004. Phenolics in Food and Nutraceuticals. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL.
Selected Recent Book Chapters and Conference Proceedings
- Shahidi, F. and Naczk, M. 2011. Analysis of polyphenols. In Methods of Analysis of Food Components and Additives. Second Edition. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL.
- Shahidi, F. and Tan, Z. 2012. Raisins: processing, bioactive compounds and health benefits. In Composition, Phytochemicals and Health Applications of Dried Fruits. Editors C. Alasalvar and F. Shahidi. Wiley-Blackwell, Oxford, UK. In press.
- Pegg, R.B. and Shahidi, F. 2007. Encapsulation, stabilization and controlled release of food ingredients and bioactives. In Handbook of Food Preservation, 2nd edition, Ed. Rahman, MS. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL pp. 509-568.
- Shahidi, F. 2004. Food phenolics and cancer chemoprevention. In Functional Food, Aging and Degenerative Diseases. Remacle, C. and Rousens, B. Eds. Woodhead Publishing and CRC, Boca Raton, FL, pp. 669-680.