- Postdoctoral Fellow, Métis Studies and arts-based research (University of Toronto, University of Guelph)
- PhD, Geography (Memorial University of Newfoundland)
- MPhil, English, Creative Writing (Memorial University of Newfoundland)
- MPhil, Folklore (Memorial University of Newfoundland)
- BA Journalism (Mount Royal University)
Books and Edited Collections
Spring 2023. A Grandmother Begins the Story. Penguin Canada.
Spring 2022. Scratching River. Wilfrid University Press.
2020. Approaching Fire. Breakwater.
2019. Inquiries. Breakwater.
Porter, Michelle. Fall 2021. “For the Children: Notions of Childhood in Women’s Narratives of Home in Rural Newfoundland.” Rural Sociology.
Current Research Projects
- La danse di la Rivyairre Rooj, Oâyache Mannin: A Cultural Inquiry into Dance, Music, and Song, as Practiced by the Red River Métis Family Networks