Financial Aid

Emergency Student Loans 

They will be issued by the Student Supports and Crisis Management Unit located in the University Centre, UC - 4023. For additional infiormation on how to request an emergency student loan, click here.  

U.S. Student Aid

Memorial University is designated to distribute U.S. students loans, Sallie Mae loans and Veterans Affairs funding for U.S. students who qualify.

For further assistance, please send an email to

Out-of-Province Student Loans

We also provide liaison services between out-of-province undergraduate students and the financial aid office of the province from which they are receiving student aid.

For general inquiries, go to to the National Student Loans Service Centre (NSLSC)

For other questions concerning out-of-province loans, please contact

Note that if you are a resident of the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador with a student loan, please direct your inquiries to the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador - Student Aid Office.

Graduate students should contact the School of Graduate Studies at


Scholarships / Bursaries / Awards and other Financial Aid

230 Elizabeth Ave, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1B 3X9

Postal Address: P.O. Box 4200, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1C 5S7

Tel: (709) 864-8000