Learn from our MUNFON and CNS nursing students about the 4-Year Option...
NEW: You can now apply for admission to the three new nursing sites recently announced for Gander, Grand Falls - Windsor, Happy Valley-Goose Bay.
A reminder too that applications will close on Jan. 20, 2022, with all supporting documents required by Feb. 3, 2022.
We've developed a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) based on questions we've received. If you need further information please email email@example.com
NEW requirement: CASPer– Applicants are required to complete an online assessment (CASPer). Successful completion of CASPer is mandatory to maintain admission eligibility. To learn more about CASPer, which helps assess applicants for non-academic attributes or people skills, go to https://takealtus.com/
*Note: Applicants do not have to complete CASPer snapshot.
CASPer test dates for Memorial University (Undergraduate Nursing) for Fall 2022:
Nov 4, 2021- 8:00 PM EDT
Dec 2, 2021- 8:00 PM EST
Jan 13, 2022- 8:00 PM EST
Feb 1, 2022- 5:00 PM EST
Feb 1, 2022- 8:00 PM EST
To book your CASPer test, please visit the CASPer website.
Admission to the 4-Year Option of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Collaborative) Program is competitive. The application will open October 22, 2021. The deadline to apply is January 20, 2022, with supporting document required by February 3, 2022. See here to apply.
Who Can Apply?
There are several admission pathways for interested applicants of the 4-Year nursing option. Priority for admission is given to residents of Newfoundland and Labrador, but out-of-province and international applicants are encouraged to apply. Before you apply, be sure to review our admissions webpages for high school applicants, current Memorial University students, other post-secondary students, LPN Bridging applicants, and international applicants as applicable to you.
Academic Admission Requirements for the 4-Year Option:
- High School Biology 2201 and Biology 3201, or equivalent
- High School Chemistry 3202, or equivalent
- High School Math 3200 or 3201, or equivalent
Applicants must ensure that they have the two required biology courses completed in high school OR both completed at the post-secondary level - these courses are a pair and must be both completed at the same level. For example, Memorial University's Biology 1001 and 1002 meets the biology admission requirement for Nursing. ONE of Memorial University's Chemistry 1010, 1050, 1051, 1200, 1810, or 1001 meets the chemistry admission requirement for Nursing. Three credit hours in math at the post-secondary level meets the math admission requirement.
To be Competitive for the 4-Year Option:
- Post-secondary applicants: to be competitive for admission, applicants should have a 70% average or higher from either the Fall semester in the year they apply to nursing OR as a cumulative average. The higher average of the two is then used for admission into the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) (Collaborative) Program. While not required, it is recommended that students take 4-5 courses in the Fall semester in the year that they apply to nursing.
- High school applicants: it is recommended that high school students should have an 85% average or higher in the six required high school courses to be competitive. The mid-term (February) report card average is used for the nursing admission average.
- To be eligible for admission to the 4-Year Option, applicants must also meet the general admission/readmission requirements to Memorial University if not a current Memorial University student.
Applicants must ensure that all supporting documents are received by the application deadline. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all required documentation, including your reference letter(s), required transcripts, and proof of Indigenous ancestry (if applicable) are submitted by the nursing documentation submission deadline.
Applicants can log into their application account to confirm whether documents have been received by the admissions department. If you need to inquire about a missing document, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline.