LPN Bridging Applicants
Applicants are required to complete an online, open-response situational judgment test called CASPer*. Successful completion of CASPer is mandatory to maintain admission eligibility. To learn more about CASPer, which helps assess applicants for non-academic attributes or people skills, go to https://takealtus.com/
*Note: Applicants do not have to complete CASPer snapshot.
CASPer test dates for Memorial University (Undergraduate Nursing) for LPN Bridging (Spring 2023):
Nov 3, 2022 - 8:00 PM EST
Dec 6, 2022 - 5:00 PM EST
Jan 19, 2023- 5:00 PM EST
Feb 2, 2023 - 8:00 PM EST
To book your CASPer test, please visit the CASPer website.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Bridging admission option is available for interested applicants who are currently licensed by the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Newfoundland and Labrador. Accepted applicants are required to complete one bridging semester at the Centre for Nursing Studies before progressing into Year 2 of the 4-Year Bachelor of Nursing (Collaborative Program). The LPN Bridging semester begins each year in May. See here to apply.
Note: If you are an LPN Bridging applicant who would also like to be considered for year 1 of the Accelerated Option or Year 1 of the 4-Year Option, you must submit a separate application. LPN Bridging applicants must apply for the Spring semester on their Memorial University Application.
The Bridging semester consists of the following courses:
- Biochemistry 1430
- Three credit hours in a Critical Reading and Writing (CRW) designated course in English
- Bridging Course (offered at the Centre for Nursing Studies)
Deadlines and Required Documents:
The deadline to apply is January 20. The deadline to submit all supporting documents is February 3. The following documents are required.
- Official copy of LPN transcript, submitted to the Registrar's Office
- Personal statement (included with online application)
- Copy of Current LPN License
- Proof of Indigenous ancestry, if applicable
- CASPer test (applicants do not need to submit their score themselves, but must ensure that they write the test by the last available testing date)
- For the Fall 2023 admission cycle, references will only be asked of applicants upon request. The faculty will reach out to applicants during the Winter Semester if this is required.
Important: It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all documentation is submitted by the nursing documentation submission deadline of February 3. Applications with missing required documents will be deemed incomplete, resulting in an automatic rejection from the competition.
Applicants can log into their application account to confirm whether required documents have been received by the admissions office. If you need to inquire about a missing document, please contact email@example.com before the document submission deadline.
Academic Requirements for LPN Bridging Applicants:
- Biology 2201 and 3201, or equivalent
- Chemistry 3202, or equivalent
- Math 3200 or 3201, or equivalent
Applicants must ensure that they have the two required biology courses completed in high school OR both completed at the post-secondary level - these courses are a pair and both must be completed at the same level. For example, Memorial University Biology 1001 and 1002 meets the biology admission requirement for Nursing. One of Memorial University Chemistry 1010, 1011, 1050, 1051, 1200, 1800, 1810, or 1001 meets the chemistry admission requirement for Nursing. Three credit hours in math at the post-secondary level meets the math admission requiement for Nursing.