APRIL 22, 2020 -Financial & Administrative Services COVID-19 Update
During this unprecedented time, most Financial and Administrative Services (FAS) staff are working remotely, and processes continuing. Some staff are on campus at various times due to the nature of the critical functions they provide. Here are a number of relevant updates for the university community regarding FAS services and impacts on units:
- Fiscal year-end: units should follow the updated year-end deadlines emailed to joint managers and others in administrative roles on April 7, which included information for all year-end documentation.
- Cashier’s office: departmental deposits can be dropped into the night deposit box outside the Cashier’s Office, A1023 on the first floor of the Arts and Administration Building. Access to this area will be through door 15 from the Science/Arts/Henrietta Harvey courtyard on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 10 a.m and 12 p.m.
- Strategic procurement: Memorial is resuming issuing open calls for procurement of goods and services for the university and will conduct openings online. Information regarding open calls is posted on the strategic procurement website.
- Mail services: mail deliveries continue to areas that are open and receiving mail. Alternatively, employees can pick up departmental mail at the Ingstad building any weekday between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Mail service is also processing mail for 280 students and collecting personal protective equipment across the campuses in St. John’s. Call 864-8231 or email email@example.com for more information or to schedule contactless pickup or deliveries.
- A/P and disbursements: all vendor invoices are being processed and payments issued each week. Please obtain vendor direct deposit details if not already on file.
- P-card: audits are continuing and monthly reconciliations must be submitted according to the communication sent to unit finance contacts on April 16. If you are a P-card holder and did not receive this information from your unit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Travel claims: claims are being processed as received. If you have a travel claim to submit, please do so as soon as possible.
- Research accounting: staff are continuing their post-award reporting work and will contact researchers and administrative staff to finalize financial reports.
- Financial systems: staff are available to help if you have any Banner Finance systems questions. Send an email with details to Tracey Neary at email@example.com , call 864-6778, or Doug Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org , call 864-4604.