Penalties for Noncompliance with Payment of Fees and Charges
Students who, without approval, pay their fees later than the deadlines specified in the University Diary will be assessed a late payment fee.
- Late payment fee (assessed by the Director of Financial and Administrative Services): Maximum of $75
Students who have not paid all fees or arranged for fee payment with the Director of Financial and Administrative Services prior to the first day of lectures, as stated in the University Diary, may have their registration cancelled at the discretion of the University. Such students will then be required to reregister after all fees are paid and after the first day of lectures, as stated in the University Diary, but no later than the end of the regular registration period.
Outstanding accounts, including accounts outstanding pending the receipt of a scholarship, bursary, or similar award, must be paid in full by cash, money order, or certified cheque. Students with outstanding accounts will:
- be ineligible to register for courses for a subsequent semester;
- not be permitted into residence;
- not be issued an academic transcript;
- not be awarded a degree, diploma or certificate.
Accounts outstanding on the last day of examinations in a semester/session will be charged interest at the prime interest rate less 1.8% per annum. Such interest will apply effective the first day of lectures in that semester.