Major in Anthropology
Requirements for completing a Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in Anthropology
(The following is taken from the 2017/18 University Calendar section 13.1 and is subject to change - please refer to the latest version to ensure accuracy. If there are any discrepancies between this listing and the listing prepared by the Registrar's office, the Registrar's office official listing will be taken as correct.)
• See the Regulations for the General Degree of Bachelor of Arts.
• All students who Major in Anthropology will be assisted by a faculty advisor who will help them in planning their academic programs. It is essential that students register with the Department at an early stage of their studies. Students who undertake a Major in Anthropology must complete 39 credit hours in Anthropology, including:
1. Anthropology 1031;
2. 9 credit hours at the 2000-level chosen from any of the Anthropology courses between 2410 and 2416;
3. Anthropology 3300 and 3410;
4. 9 credit hours from Anthropology offerings at the 4000-level, of which one must be Anthropology 4412; and
5. the remaining 12 credit hours are to be chosen from any of the Anthropology 3000-or 4000-level offerings.