Liquor Services


Did you know that Memorial University has its own liquor license administered through the Newfoundland and Labrador Liquor Corporation?

This allows Memorial to hold events that serve alcohol on campus. It also means that events serving alcohol must be in accordance with Memorial University’s Alcohol Policy and associated procedures.

Liquor Services at Memorial is a division of Ancillary Operations and is responsible for the on-campus sale, distribution, consumption, promotion, acquisition and storage of alcohol.

Anyone wishing to serve alcohol on university premises or at any university event pursuant to the university’s Liquor License must apply to hold the event through Liquor Services within Ancillary Operations. In addition to adhering to the Alcohol Policy, all students, staff and faculty serving alcohol must follow guidelines and rules within the provincial Liquor Control Act regulations.

Liquor Services Office

For Liquor Services (event requests, liquor orders and server intervention questions), contact:

Phone: (709) 864-7458
Fax: (709) 864-2320
Office: University Centre, UC3006

If you are planning an event that involves alcohol, please select the form that suits your needs. If you are unsure of the appropriate form, contact us with the details of your event and we will advise you on the form that matches your criteria. We require a minimum of 7 days' notice for any event on campus (i.e. for Friday evening, the deadline for requests is the Friday before at noon).