After Hours Services
The Student Wellness & Counselling Centre is only open from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Should an emergency arise after hours, you should call 911. For off-campus emergencies, you can also dial 911, or if you are able, proceed directly to the nearest hospital emergency room.
Should you need to see a physician, walk in clinic MAY be available at: The Blackmarsh Road Family Care Centre, located in the Dominion Supermarket on Blackmarsh Road. Call (709) 576-6555.
Students with urgent mental health concerns should avail of the following community based services:
- 24-hour mental health crisis line: (709) 737-4668 (local) or 1-888-737-4668 (province-wide).
- Mobile Crisis Response Team: 1-888-737-4668 St. John’s Region.
- Psychiatric Assessment Unit: (709) 777-3021 or (709) 777-3022.
- 24-hour Walk-in Crisis Service at the Waterford Hospital Site on Waterford Bridge Rd.
- Health Sciences Emergency Department on Columbus Drive in St. John’s (709) 777-6335.