IT security issues can arise from a number of different sources, these can include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identity theft
- Data theft
If you experience issues related to any of the above listed sources or other related problems please contact the Information Technology Services, Service Desk.
The Service Desk is the first point of contact for students, staff, postdocs and faculty with computing problems or queries. Clients can access the Service Desk by:
- visiting our counter service (Henrietta Harvey - HH2012)
- submitting an Online Help Request form
- e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- calling our Client Support Centre: 864-4595
The Service Desk is open from 8:30 to 5:00 (8:30 to 4:30 during summer hours).
Communication of Computer Security Issues
Disruptions to services provided by Information Technology Services will be communicated through the ITS Website, the Service Desk answering message, newsline and Twitter within 15 minutes of being notified of the disruption. Regular updates will be provided until the issue is resolved.
Protect your Computer from Harmful Malware
Memorial University and the Department of Information Technology Services want to protect you and your computer from malicious software threats. Need antivirus software for your home computer? If you're a current student, faculty staff, or a MUN retiree, we've got you covered.
In order to download your free antivirus software you will be required to log into the my.mun.ca Portal. This will require all clients to have a MUN Login ID and password. If you have any problems or questions about logging into my.mun.ca please contact the ITS Service Desk at 864-4595 or email@example.com
Please note the following:
- MUN students - once logged into my.mun.ca please click on Student Services to see the channel for antivirus downloads.
- MUN faculty or staff members - once logged into my.mun.ca you will find the antivirus software download under the Employee Services section.
- MUN retirees - once logged in (MUN webmail username and password) you will be presented with the option to begin the file download process. Please log in here.
Frequently Asked Questions For answers to commonly asked questions and problems please visit the Information Technology Services FAQ