An important part of your graduate experience is ensuring that you have a good work-life balance. Outside of the time that you spend in class, on your research, or studying, there are plenty of interesting things to do on-campus and around our city.
Arts and entertainment
Live music, live theatre, live readings...
St. John's is filled with cultural diversity and many unique experiences that make life in this city like no other.
Find out more about what's happening at our theatres, galleries, and music venues.
Sports and outdoor activities
You’ll find plenty to do at The Works. They offer a variety of fitness, aquatic and leisure facilities and programs. Whether you go alone to work out, or with a friend to play squash, you’ll find it time well spent.
Perhaps you’d like to watch a basketball game featuring our Sea~Hawks. Or maybe you’d want to be involved with varsity sports. Memorial has all of this, and much more to offer.
When you want to get outside, St. John's offers lots of options for outdoor activity.
The city is home to a variety of parks, both large and small, and a series of walking trails, that snake from one end to the other.
The campus itself is a green oasis in the middle of the city. You can get out and...
- Explore Pippy Park, a 3400-acre land reserve that borders our campus right in the heart of the city.
- Trek along the trails that run around Long Pond on the north side of the St. John's campus.
- Eat your lunch in the Rose Garden that's nestled between the Music and Science buildings.
- Feed the ducks at Burton's Pond.
- Learn about flora and fauna at Memorial's Botanical Garden.