Minor in History
Requirements for completing a Bachelor of Arts degree with a minor in History
(The following is taken from the 2012/2013 University Calendar section 9.19.1 and is subject to change - please refer to the latest version to ensure accuracy. If there are any discrepancies between this listing and the listing prepared by the Registrar's office, the Registrar's office official listing will be taken as correct.)
- See the Regulations for the General Degree of Bachelor of Arts.
- Any one of History 1009-1015 or the sequence History 1100* and 1101* form the introductions to the theory and practice of history. Third and fourth-year students taking History courses as electives or to satisfy General Regulations for the B.A. Degree are encouraged to enrol in the department's second-year courses. Students cannot receive credit for more than two first-year courses.
Students who undertake a Minor in History must complete 24 credit hours in History, including:
- Three credit hours in a course beginning with the initial digit '1'. All first-year courses in History are research/writing courses.
- At least 9 credit hours in courses with the initial digit '2'.
- Students should complete at least 6 credit hours in courses with the initial digit '2' before registering in a course with the initial digit '3'.
- At least 6 credit hours in courses with the initial digit '3'.
- At least 3 credit hours in courses with the initial digit '4'.
- No more than 9 transfer credit hours in History may be used to fulfil the requirements for a Minor in History.
- Three additional credit hours in courses with an initial digit beyond "1'.
- Some fourth-year courses may require completion of courses in the same topic/subject area. Such prerequisites are at the discretion of the instructor.
*For descriptions of History 1100 and 1101, see the separate section under Grenfell Campus.