Our Vision for the Future
By April 2019, the EHS will be a center of knowledge and expertise. The department is committed to the continuous improvement of a health, safety and environmental culture, whereby university leaders and employees believe, support and practice sound health and safety behaviors. The University community works together to keep all persons on campus safe.
To meet its vision EHS will:
- Develop systems that demonstrate the value of investing in health and safety;
- Work with the Vice Presidents Council to provide adequate resources to facilitate the University’s Health & Safety responsibilities;
- Implement and maintain health and safety management systems;
- Provide Health & Safety training for members of the University Community;
- Foster a proactive health and safety culture; and
- Comply with provincial and federal legislation and incorporate industry standards.